Universal Account Number (UAN) was started by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and by the central government of India. The new website version of UAN was Version 2.0 This was launched by the EPFO on Jan 1st in the year 2017.
Before, The old website portal version is known as the Version 1.0 This old website portal has not been secured highly and for many other reasons the Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and the central government of India launched the new website portal version 2.0
Later, The Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) had made mandatory the UAN (Universal Account Number) Account. This was done under the Act Employee’s Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions 1952.
This UAN (Universal Account Number) was created by the employer for their employee’s who works in their company or an organisation. This UAN account helps to connect all your Provident Fund (PF) accounts at one place.
By this UAN (Universal Account Number) account employee’s can check their PF (Provident Fund) balance in an easy way. This UAN (Universal Account Number) helps the employee’s to transfer their Provident Fund (PF) from their old PF account new PF account. The employee’s can also receive their monthly statements via SMS.
To get the benefits of EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organisation) you need to activ ate your UAN (Universal Account Number) account. The process of activation of your UAN account will be as follows:
- Visit the official website portal of EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organisation)
- In the menu bar of EPFO you can find the option Activate Your UAN
- Now have a click on Activate Your UAN and read the terms and conditions provided by EPFO and ones you agree to the terms and conditions have a click on I Have Read And Understood The Terms And Conditions
- Then the next step is to enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) , Your registered mobile number and the PF (Provident Fund) account number.
- After entering all the required details now have a click on Get PIN
- Now you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP which you have received on your mobile in the official website portal of EPFO
- Now the next step is to create an username and the password for your UAN account.
- Now, You have been successfully activated your UAN (Universal Account Number)